The Academic Council oversees all learning and staff development activities and their certification:
- It is composed of the five deans/vice-rectors for education from all members of the alliance and three students representing the bachelor, master and PhD levels;
- Its missions are to oversee all learning and staff development activities and their certification:
- It is responsible for the approval and certification of all learning activities organized by the Alliance;
- It proposes and implements program policy, promotes common quality standards, ensures that new common courses and programs are coherent with the project aim and works towards a European diploma;
- It works towards an automatic mutual recognition of higher education and training qualifications and on the outcomes of learning periods abroad within the Alliance;
- It collaborates with the advisory board to build innovative employment-oriented curricula.
- It meets twice a year, including one physical meeting.
The Academic Council is also responsible for Beyond UNIVERSEH